Puff pastry wins again with these buffalo chicken pinwheels
Here’s one more recipe to make you love puff pastry even more. It is by far my most favorite ingredient and I always have a stash in the freezer. If you’re bored with the same old puff pastry recipes you’ve been making, try these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels and you won’t be sorry! The flavors are so perfectly balanced, with a sweet and spicy filling. These are way less time consuming than individually folded patties and they bake into these delicious looking pinwheels.
This is so easy to pull together
You all know I can’t get through Ramadan without making my chicken patties and veggie patties. Towards the end of the month, when I’m out and need to make more, I can only get myself to make these buffalo chicken pinwheels. Truth be told, you can fill these with anything. Just the other day I made pinwheels with leftover keema samosa filling. If you have some potato cutlet mix that would also bake up perfectly in this.
The ingredients you use makes all the difference in these buffalo chicken pinwheels
I always get asked which brand of puff pastry I use, and without fail I always say Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. It’s slightly more expensive than other brands, but I have tried many other brands, and in my opinion, the flavor and rise you get from pepperidge farm is unmatched! As for the sauces, getting a good quality buffalo sauce will really enhance the flavor of the filling. Buffalo sauce is simply a mix of hot sauce and butter, so if you can’t find any, you can easily make your own!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast see cooking instructions
- 3 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Tip for cooking chicken: For best results for boil the chicken with 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp and 2-3 peppercorns. This helps Keep the chicken fresh longer.
- Add the ingredients listed under chicken to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Take the puff pastry sheets out of the package and roll them out very slightly, just to make each sheet 1 inch longer.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the two puff pastry sheets. Spread the chicken evenly from edge to edge, but make sure to leave a one inch border empty on top.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese to each pastry, spreading it out evenly. Then start rolling the pastry form the bottom,. Roll it as tightly aspkossible without pressing down on the pastry too hard. The more you press and pastry, the less it will expand in the oven. And you want layers to be created in the pastry.
- Brush the empty portion of the puff pastry with water, then roll completely to seal the pastry and place fold side down. Using a sharp knife cut the pastry into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Place cut side down on a lined baking sheet and brush the sides and top with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 12-14 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.
Have you tried this delicious buffalo chicken recipe?
I love hearing your feedback! If you try these buffalo chicken pinwheels I would love to hear how they turned out in the comments below.Add to favorites