Don’t knock this Chicken Tikka Pizza till you try it
A classic if you’re from Pakistan, and quite possibly offensive if you’re Italian. Chicken tikka pizza is something that you can order from just about any small cafe located in markets around Pakistan. Even chains like Dominos and Pizza Hut have adapted to the local flavors and added this to their menu. But one thing is for sure, those local pizza spots know what they’re doing. Adding a national favorite to a world favorite gives you something special, and that’s what this chicken tikka pizza is.
The components for the perfect Tikka Pizza
A soft chewy dough with a crispy crust, topped with spicy tomato sauce. You can find the best pizza dough recipe here. That’s the base. Then it’s studded with succulent cubes of chicken tikka, bell peppers and onions. You can find my favorite chicken tikka recipe here. Top that with an insane amount of cheese and bake it to gooey perfection. I always add chili flakes for extra spice, but of course, that is up to you. This recipe makes 1 large pizza, but I highly recommend making two pizzas, because you don’t want to be disappointed when you’re craving another slice and you’re all out of pizza.
Pizzas are customizable, so don’t be afraid to experiment
This is one of my favorite variations of pizza, but don’t be afraid to try your own. Maybe you only want the chicken and no veggies. Maybe you want all the veggies with tikka spices and no chicken. Make it your own. I have another family favorite, Chicken Fajita Pizza, which you can find here. Either of these will become a family favorite fast, and your guests will love eating some homemade pizza as well.
Chicken Tikka Pizza
- ½ batch pan pizza dough
- 1 cup chicken tikka fillet cubed
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey jack
- Start off by preheating your oven to 410-420 F. Roll out your prepared pizza dough. Lightly grease a baking sheet or pizza pan and transfer the pizza dough to the pan. Gently roll out so it's covering the pan.
- Prepare your chicken tikka and cut into cubes. You can use this recipe.
- Mix the chilli powder into the pizza sauce and spread onto.the crust, leaving a thin border. Then sprinkle over 1 cup of cheese. Add the chicken cubes, diced peppers and onions. You can add as much or as little as you prefer. Top with the remaining cheese. I prefer using 2 cups of cheese total for my pizza but if you like adding more go for it.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is starting to turn golden brown. Cut into slices and eat immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven at 380F just until warmed through, about 6-7 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe?
I love hearing your feedback! If you tried this recipe I’d love to hear how it turned out int he comments below.Add to favorites