Fusion Food is brilliant, and this Chicken Fajita Pizza is proof
This recipe takes me back to the late 90’s, early 2000’s, when Pizza Hut was the coolest new place in Pakistan. The salad bar was everyone’s favorite bar, and that potato salad still hits the spot. But it was their Chicken Tikka pizza and Chicken Fajita Pizza that really made the rounds on every table. It was perfection. You mix the spicy, local flavors of Pakistan into the classic American pizza chain and what you got was delicious. This recipe is an ode to that hype, and it definitely lives up to it.
A good base is key for any pizza
My Fool Proof Pan Pizza Dough is such a good recipe. It’s easy and works great in so many recipes. My secret ingredient is an egg. The egg just helps keep everything pillowy soft. You can turn it into Detroit style deep dish pizza, roll it a little thinner for a classic hand tossed, or turn into something like cheesy garlic breadsticks. Want that crispy and greasy crust like Jet’s or Pizza Hut? Add some oil to the pan before adding your dough and it’ll crisp up to perfection!
Experiment with the toppings for this chicken fajita pizza
Every family has their own favorite pie. Some like pineapple, some like to keep it vegetarian. I personally used to love only cheese and bell peppers on my pizza, but then I started getting a craving for chicken on my pizza, but not bland chicken, some thing like what’s on this delicious fajita pizza. But it’s not just about the toppings. Don’t forget to add flavor to the middle layer, the sauce! Even if you’re using a store bought sauce (which I always do) don’t be afraid to spice it up or add some extra herbs or flavors. For this particular pizza I add a touch of taco sauce to get that zesty flavor.
Chicken Fajita Pizza
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough link in procedure and can be found above
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp taco sauce or salsa
- 1 chicken breast fillet butterflied
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese mozzarella and cheddar blend
- Start off by preheating your oven to 410-420 F.
- In a small pan heat a little oil and add your chicken breast. Sprinkle eoevr the taco seasoning and somersaulted black pepper both sides and cook until the chickens cooked through. Cut into small chunks.
- Grease a large baking pan or pizza baking sheet with some oil, then roll out the pizza dough and transfer it to the baking sheet. Combine the pizza sauce and taco sauce in a small bowl and spread over as much as you want over the dough, keeping a one inch border of plain dough.
- Sprinkle over one cup of the cheese, 1/2 the chicken chunks, 1/2 the tomato and 1/2 the peppers. Then add over as much cheese as you want, then add the remaining toppings. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese starts turning golden brown. Baking time depends on your oven, so if you're not sure your pizza is done you can carefullylift the pizza to see if the dough is a light golden brown on the bottom. Cut and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before eating.
Have you tried this amazing pizza recipe?
I love hearing your feedback! If you’ve tried this recipe I’d love to hear how it turned out int he comments below!Add to favorites