Restaurant style Soy Ginger Salmon at home
I cannot tell you how excited I was when I took a bite of this Soy Ginger Salmon! As simple as this recipe is, with a three ingredient marinade, the flavors work so well together. Salmon is my absolute favorite, and it comes at a hefty price at restaurants. Making it at home, especially this way, is a great way to get those restaurant flavors on a budget. And the best part is that this is a very healthy meal that comes in under 500 calories with a side of steamed vegetables and rice. How could you not want to try it out?
This Salmon is ready in no time
As the new owner of an air fryer, I have become obsessed with seeing what it’s capable of. And let me tell you, air fryer salmon is perfection. You can always bake it on cook it stove top, but I’m trying to be mindful about the calories I consume. I cooked this salmon in the air fryer for 8 minutes with just a spray of oil and it cooked to crisp perfection. I like my salmon more on the well done side, but cook it for one minute less and you’ll have a flaky interior with crisp edges. It turns out just like how you get salmon at your favorite restaurant. Read the recipe notes below for more ideas.
This Soy Ginger Salmon is great for that Tik Tok famous salmon rice!
We all tried it. After 2020’s banana bread, we hit the salmon rice trend hard in 2021, and this soy ginger salmon is perfect for said viral recipe. The marinade is full of flavor and is perfect flaked into some steamed white rice. If you just want a normal plate of salmon, add some steamed rice and steamed broccoli to make it a meal. This has become my go to meal if I want something special but I don’t want to put in too much effort. Fifteen minutes is all you need.
More quick recipes to try
Soy Ginger Salmon
- 8 ounces salmon cut into 2 fillets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salmbal oelek optional
- 1/4 tsp oil
- green onions for garnish
- steamed brocoli to serve
- steamed rice to serve
- In a small microwave proof bowl add the honey. Microwave for 5-10 seconds, just to warm it up a little. Then add the ginger and soy sauce. For spice add sambal oelek, but it's not necessary.
- Pat dry the salmon, then brush with a little oil on both sides. Spread the marinade over and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Air fryer instructions: Place in your air fryer and air fry for 7 minutes at 380 F. (Cook for 8 minutes for well done) Serve with steamed rice and broccoli
- Stove top instructions: Heat a skillet on a medium flame. Add a little oil and place the salmon in the hot skillet skin side down. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping. Cook for another 3-4 minutes and serve.
I love hearing your feedback
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below!Add to favorites
Most Delicious salmon recipe ever..totally love it😍
I’m so glad you like it!