How rolling everything combines the flavors so well in these paratha rolls
All cuisines have some sort of meat and bread component rolled together, right? Like burritos, hand pies, sandwiches and more. These chicken paratha rolls are just that, but these happen to be my favorite. It’s essentially your classic roti/paratha with meat, salad and chutneys all rolled in one, but the act of rolling everything together just elevates the flavors and allows them to truly combine, creating a memorable experience, which is why I make paratha rolls so often.
There are always substitutions and variations in the best recipes
I love making these chicken paratha rolls with this recipe, but I also substitute the chicken for my Malai Boti at times, and it turns out amazing. Don’t be scared of playing with the ingredients. My husband hates onions, so I skip the pickled onions in his rolls and add sliced tomatoes and cucumbers instead. I have two great chutney recipes up that I always use in these paratha rolls. My Mint Chutney and Tamarind Chutney are easy to make, and store great in the fridge for uptown four weeks. I always have a fresh batch in my fridge.
A little meal prep can make your weekly meals a breeze
Something I like doing for meal prep is having a batch of this chicken marinated in my fridge and a jar of pickled onions ready. That way, whenever I need paratha rolls asap, which happens more often than you’d think, I don’t have to think about it. I cook up the chicken, prepare the frozen parathas, and just assemble. It’s a family favorite, so I make these on a weekly basis, and it’s always on the menu when I have guests as well. I make them ahead, wrap them in foil and heat them up in the oven before serving. These pickled onions go great in just about anything btw. Make a jar and you’ll be very happy.
Chicken Paratha Rolls
- 8 frozen flour parathas
- 1 pound boneless chicken diced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp haldi turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp yogurt
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp imlee ki chutney tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp hari chutney mint chutney
- 1 onion red or sweet onion
- 1 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup vinegar white
- 1 tsp salt
- Start off by pickling the onions. In a small bowl add the onions, water, vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate till you’re ready to assemble the paratha rolls.These keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container
- Next make the chutney. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, imlee and mint chutney. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly, then set aside.
- Next marinate the chicken. In a medium bowl add the chicken, spices, yogurt, and garlic and mix well. Cover and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, overnight works great as well.
- To cook, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté till the chicken is cooked through and has some color on it, approximately 7-8 minutes. To assemble, prepare the frozen parathas according to package instructions. Spread some chutney on one half on your paratha. Add some chicken and onions on top, then roll tightly and secure with parchment paper/wax paper. Serve immediately.
Have you tried making these delicious and easy Chicken Paratha Rolls?
I love hearing your feedback! Did you try this recipe? If you did, I’d love to hear how it turned out in the comments below!Add to favorites