Why Creamy Mushroom Chicken is always a good idea
Everyone loves creamy mushroom chicken because pan fried chicken fillets smothered in a creamy sauce is delicious. I’m from Lahore, and it’s a well known fact that us Pakistani’s love our “chicken steak”. Steak doesn’t always mean a fine cut of beef cooked medium rare. It can mean a deliciously charred piece of chicken topped with an infused cream sauce, and that’s exactly what this is. It has restaurant level flavors and is ready in under 30 minutes from the comfort of your home.
This Chicken is a fan favorite
I made this recipe over on my Instagram stories, and without waiting for a detailed blog post I saw dozens of recreations pouring in! I’m telling you, the flavors are amazing in this, and that wilted spinach and hearty mushroom sauce is a winner. It’s fancy enough to serve to guests, but also easy enough to make so you can have it on a weeknight.
The cooking process is very simple for this Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This is a one pan recipe. You also don’t need to marinate the chicken or spend time chopping. The chicken goes straight into the pan with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and I get pre-sliced baby Bella mushrooms and baby spinach so I don’t need to chop any vegetables. I measure out the spices before hand so I can dump them in with the mushrooms. The sauce is super is simple as well. You just add heavy cream to your pan and let it infuse with all the flavors.
What to serve this with
I love serving this over a bed of fettuccine or bowtie pasta. The sauce coats the pasta and it makes a great meal with the vegetables and chicken, or you can also serve this with steamed rice. A side of buttery potatoes or honey butter roasted vegetables makes a great combination as well.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets butterflied
- 2 tbsp oil flavorless
- salt and pepper for chicken to taste
- 1.5 cups baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach stemmed
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each chicken fillet on both sides. Heat the oil in a pan and add the chicken. Pan fry on both sides for 3 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the pan. If no oil is left add 1 tsp more oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and all the seasonings and herbs. Saute for 4 minutes, then add the baby spinach and saute until wilted.
- Add the worchestershire sauce and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken fillets back in and simmer covered for 3-4 mimnutes to let the flavors infuse. Serve immedietely.
Have you tried this delicious recipe?
I love hearing your feedback! If you tried this recipe I’d love to hear how it worked for you in the comments below!Add to favorites
Wow..looks so creamy and tempting❤👌
Thank you so much!
[…] Creamy Mushroom Chicken […]
THIS TURNED OUT SO AMAZING! FIRST TIME COOKING AND YUMMMMMMM!!!
The recipe was easy to follow and ingredient were easy to find!
I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!
This is a nice easy recipe. We made these for a dinner party at our house, and it was the first dish to finish! The creamy texture really hits the spot!
That’s great to hear! Thank you for trying this recipe!